Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Operation Build-A-Deck, day 5: Help arrives!

It is an inopportune time for my camera batteries to die and for me to not have backups handy, because the deck is looking great!

David had help today—Rob dropped in after his job (which, at the moment happens to be in Mount Vernon) and helped David bang out the rest of the deck floor. It's so exciting!

So, all that's left are the railings and the stairs. If all goes well, those two things could be done by tomorrow. At the very least, I think we're looking at a Thursday completion. Just in time!

That still leaves painting, bathroom renovating, cleaning, woodpile burning, cooking, mowing and trimming. Good grief! The things we do for parties...

Tomorrow, there will be new batteries for my camera and pictures for this blog. I promise!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Is that my Rob???

I can't wait to see pics. I know what you mean all the preparation for a party and it's over in a matter of a couple hours. Most people don't even notice all the hard work you've done but it feels worth it to you. Plus it's a good reason to get stuff done! :)

Candid Carrie said...

Help arrives and I have a feeling it may be in the form of Extreme Make Over, Deck Addition!

Can't wait to see pictures.