Sunday, May 4, 2008

Tif's Quest: Part 11

So I changed the name of my quest today... My nutrisystem food is sparse these days. And, judging from the result of my quest this week, it wasn't well used either.

It is a bummer that I have to write I actually gained one pound this week. Not that this is a revelation to me. After all, I had a white-bread love fest in Wisconsin (pizza too!), and then David and I celebrated Cinco de Mayo a week early at Fiesta Mexicana on Tuesday. In between, I broke down and opened my girl scout cookies I've been dutifully storing since February. It's safe to say I had both a Thin-Mint incident and a Shortbread incident. Bummer.

Hmm... none of that adds up to weight-loss success.

This week I feel a little like Paula Abdul. No, not the crazies she exudes (although, don't we all feel a little crazy some days?!). I'm identifying today with her smash 80s (90s?) song, "Opposites Attract." "I take two steps forward, you take two steps back..." This week, I definitely took a step back.

Regardless, there are small victories to report.

• I added two more shirts to the "Too BIG" box AND a pair of pants.

• My bridesmaid dress for my brother's wedding came in, and it's too BIG. I'll have to have at least the top and waist taken in (and of course the hemline shortened... that's always a given).

• More and more of my regular wardrobe is starting to look ridiculous on me. It just gets baggier and baggier. Neat.

This week, I'm hoping for bigger and better things. C'mon two pounds! I know where you're hiding...

2 comments:

JWilson said...

Like you told me we all need a break every once and a while so I'm sure you will be back on track this week, and that pound plus one or more of it's friends will melt right off.

Lindsay said...

It must be the weather? It seems as though all of us had one of those weeks. I was really bad this weekend so I'm with the rest of you and jumping back on the wagon full force this week! Good luck girls I know we can do it!