Monday, May 5, 2008

A snotty situation

Disclaimer... you should read no further if you are queasy about snot and gross things in general. With that said, a short story...

Yesterday, Noah and I were driving to Westerville for a birthday party for Olivia (3) and Kaiya (2). My poor little man has had a bummer of a cold this week and has been producing snot at record rates. So we're driving along Rte. 3, in a section where there are no turnoffs, and and all of the sudden Noah lets out a huge sneeze.

I glanced up in my review mirror (and into the large baby mirror he faces in his car seat), and saw the product of that sneeze—a two-inch long yellowish-tinted strain of SNOT hanging from his left nostril.

He was perplexed. At first, he tried to look down at it. Then he tried pulling at it with his fingers. When he finally did manage to slide that string out of his nose—this is where it gets gross—after furtively looking around, he slurped it right off his fingers.

I almost vomited in the driver's seat. Gross.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

My kids have done the same thing but for some reason reading it just made me really queasy. YUM! Hey you warned me I guess I should have listened! :)

JWilson said...

Ok that was hysterical! At least you didn't have to clean up a mess. :)

The Arthurs said...

Yet to experience this... i'm sure it's coming.

But seriously, snot must taste good to a kid use to eating reduced-sodium, no-sugar, HEALTHY junk all the time. ha!