It was a terrific deck day! My hubbie worked himself to the bone (nearly literally, judging by the skin he lost on his knuckle).
Tonight, at sunset after I'd put Noah to bed, we were able to sit on the edge of our deck-in-progress and just listen to the soothing sounds of nature. It was stunning—both the view and the "soundtrack."
We've both been running and working ourselves haggard, so this was a welcome break. It gave me a tiny taste of the time we will definitely spend outside on that deck this summer and fall. I can't wait!
So, thank you David! All by his single self, he framed the posts, put up all the joists, and got more than a third of the way done with the floor planks. So impressive! I imagine he would be done with the "floor" if Lowe's would have been on time Saturday and if I wouldn't have had to sing yesterday.
None-the-less, things are looking up. I think we will definitely be ready for Saturday.
I did take lots of pictures today, but my memory card had a "disk error." Bummer!
So, more pictures tomorrow of my amazing hubby's progress...
Monday, May 26, 2008
Build-A-Deck, day 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Ok I want pictures! :))
Me too! Stupid camera...
Post a Comment