Sunday, June 1, 2008

It's a real live deck!

It's obvious... I never got my pictures taken and posted on time. I was too darn busy, and my camera had some issues ("disk error" and dead batteries).

But, I am thrilled to say that David finished (mostly) the deck in the dark on Friday night. And it looks great! See?





He does have a small to-do list:

1) Add railings to stairs
2) Add railing "cap" all around
3) Someday, we also want to close in the bottom so we can keep out the riffraff and make it sparkle.

I have my own to-do list:

1) Buy umbrella
2) Buy/plant planters of flowers or veggies
3) Seal wood
4) Buy more chairs
5) Paint exterior door

All in all, it was great to have an extra space for entertaining this weekend. Our house is definitely not on the large side, so you can imagine what an extra 162 feet of space adds!

I owe a huge thank you to my hubby for working his tail off to get it done on time. With the exception of a few hours' work, he did this deck 100 percent on his own. Well done, David!

Cocktail anyone?

2 comments:

JWilson said...

I am so up for a cocktail and the deck looked great. Good Job David!

Lindsay said...

Looks great! He should be proud, that's a hard job to do by yourself.

I would love a cocktail! :)