Saturday, May 3, 2008

Still, still, still...

...one can hear the falling... rain. Okay, so the Robert Frost poem about snow/winter may not apply today, but it is awfully quiet in my house. And that makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

At this moment, David is journeying home from a morning of hunting turkeys (no word on his success), and Noah just went down for his afternoon nap.

And since it is Saturday, I am not in a frenzied state to complete as much work as possible before I hear the babbles of a nearly one-year-old coming from the nursery (This is my routine on Tuesdays and Fridays, when I work from home.).

Instead, I have the doors open, welcoming the scent of slow rain and budding trees. The only noise is a pleasant symphony of birds, the occasional passing car, and... my dryer (yes, we women are ALWAYS multi-tasking!).

These moments are fleeting, I know. The rare chance to sit and listen, to write, to read, to nap even, is coming to a close. Noah's getting older. Soon his naps will be a thing of the past. And before I can blink, there will be another baby McCallen to tend to (nope... not pregnant, not trying... just looking down the road).

And so I appreciate these quiet times I have to myself. Today I am obviously indulging in some blogging time, and when I finish this entry I'm turning to a book I've been trying to finish for months (but keep falling asleep)! And if I'm feeling really crazy and if Noah naps for more than an hour, I'm going to shower. What a big day!

Happy Saturday!

No comments: