I'm starting a new series... real men (and women) of genius—thank you, Budweiser—for all the great things people say in life that have me cracking up or have me saying, "huh?" Just to be fair, I'm in no way immune to this series either... I've said some doozies in my day.
Today's target: David, my real husband of genius (and he is actually a very bright guy).
On Mother's Day, my hubbie graciously cleaned as much of the house as he could during the all-too-short hours of Noah's naps. He did all the dishes, emptied the dishwasher, cleaned off the table, picked up the living room and swiffer-mopped the living room's (fake) hardwood floor. Very nice, indeed!
But I had to laugh when later that day, in a genuine, serious tone he looked at me and said, "You know, I think we could keep our living room floor cleaner if we don't wear our shoes in there."
Really? I never thought of that... or wait, all those times I asked you to take off your muddy boots were because I didn't want you to get the couches dirty. Silly me, I thought the floor would stay pristine. What a revelation!
Real husband of genius...
Monday, May 19, 2008
Real men of genius: how to keep a floor clean
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
OMG that is hilarious, they really don't get it!
ahhh, he is neat. :)
Love you,
EM
First of all, I too am the proud owner of a mighty fine David.
That being said, my David comes along with some profound statements of the same magnitude.
He installed our (fake) hardwood floor recently and immediately instituted a "no shoe" policy on the FAKE hardwood floor.
This floor is guaranteed not to absorb elephant urine and stay in one piece during a huricane but meer mortals must take their shoes off.
One of my other favorite bloggers is continuing this series. Check out her blog for another fun genius moment: http://thewilsonshouse.blogspot.com/
Carrie, thanks for dropping by! I've appreciated your comments recently. It's so nice to hear from (kind) strangers.
About our Davids... there's got to be something in the fake hardwood floors. It seems to be an epidemic!
That is hilarious, it goes to show they just don't get it until they have to actually do it. Maybe if we made them do more house work they would finally understand why we bitch all the time.
There is nothing worse than just mopping the kitchen floor (or fake hardwood in you ladies cases :)) and having your husband track dirty boots across it. UGH! or kids for that matter! :)
Post a Comment