Monday, May 19, 2008

Tif's Quest: Part 13—A tisket, a tasket...

...that last pound won't come off my assket.

That is a poor excuse for a nursery rhyme, but it's the sad truth about my dieting skills as of late.

No movement this week... Pound #20 (since Jan. 1) refuses to budge. I actually think I was headed to victory lane if I would have controlled myself on Sunday. It wasn't to be. I had Yakisoba noodles for lunch (ramen noodles for grown ups... sort of), and then David cooked a carb fest for dinner—wild turkey & noodles, mashed potatoes, stuffing—and because I wanted to feel healthier—broccoli with cheese sauce. Ha! My husband actually ADDED salt to the mashed potatoes, which were the box-variety, so you can imagine the water I'm retaining today from sodium overdose.

Truly, though, on Saturday morning, I was one pound from the finish line. I got a little giddy thinking that another day of busting my heiny in the yard would propel me to my goal. And I DID work very hard in the lawn, but that salt... it'll getcha every time.

Now, I'm really feeling the burn of my self-imposed, weight-loss deadlines. I have less than three weeks until my brother's wedding, and my 30th birthday is now 20 days away. (Dramatic) Dun-dun-dun-dun-dun...

This week wasn't all bad, though. I managed to work out—in addition to lawn work, which I've decided is sometimes better than a workout—twice! I know what you're thinking, "She's giddy over twice? I do twice, twice every week." But let's put it into perspective... I've only managed to do twice-weekly workouts a handful of times since January. I know it's pitiful, but I've got to belt the high notes when I can sing 'em. And to me, two workouts in one week is a High C! (I know... what's with all the music ditties... feeling a little wired this morning, I guess.)

Onward... I think I can, I think I can!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Don't worry you'll get there! It must be something in the air, I swear it seems like everyone i know that is trying to loose weight is having a rough time right now. Including myself. I've gained back my three and then some! grrrr! Good luck this week.

JWilson said...

You can, you can, you can!!

Ok I love the nursery ryhme! In my opinion i bet you did truly looses that last pound from all teh ayrd work your just retaining water from the salt overlaod.