Not a good morning...
My sitter gave me "the look" this morning and told me that she wouldn't be able to care for Noah anymore. Turns out she's ALLERGIC to him. Or rather, she's allergic to either our cats or the other family's (whose little girl she watches) dog.
She's so allergic that her neck, arms and chest have been a flaming, itching mess for months. Apparently this was all compounded by a case of scarlet fever (yes, scarlet fever) she didn't know she had a few months back.
I know none of that makes sense... it is, of course, a long story that doesn't condense well.
So, I am now stuck... I need to find a new sitter ASAP. I am obviously bummed and an emotional mess. It took me weeks to get used to the idea of Noah being watched by my current sitter—who lives in a gorgeous house, is a great human being and takes excellent care of my precious baby boy. And now, I have to start all over.
Let's also not forget that Noah is at a precarious age. He's developed a pretty healthy fear of strangers and loud situations. I know that I am unlikely to find another sitter who only watches two kids (both infants), aka, a pretty unstressful atmosphere.
I can just picture day 1 at the new sitter... me leaving and him screaming. He never did that with Heidi because he wasn't old enough to be scared. I do believe if I saw him do that it would break my heart, particularly because that person will be a stranger to me too.
Anyway, if any of you know of a good sitter, I am desperately trying to find one. I need someone who lives either in Centerburg, Sunbury or Westerville. I will welcome any and all suggestions... (and words of encouragement!)
Thursday, May 8, 2008
One of those days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Oh No what a nightmare. Did she have any recomendations?
No recommendations... just apologies.
I have a lady at work that lives in Westerville and she has two daughters of her own (they are in high school) but she may know of someone??? She is a reliable person so I know she would not give me a crazy person (at least I hope). :)
oh tif...I am so sorry! You will find someone, I am sure of it! It will all work out for the best!
Sherri
Ugh. Why can't everything be easy? Things will fall into place... But pooh that it needs changing in the first place.
Good luck, Tiff. If I know of someone, I'll let ya know!
Post a Comment