Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Up and at 'em

Four a.m. is not a proper wake-up call. Nevertheless, that's what time what my alarm began blaring in my ear this morning, following a very short night of pseudo-sleep.

I am in the Columbus airport this morning, getting ready to board a plane for Chicago. I'm heading to the 2008 UNITY conference—one of the world's largest gatherings of journalists (this one happens to focus on journalists of color). My company, Religion Newswriters, has purchased an exhibitor booth this year, and I'll be working the booth for the next three days.

Of course, this means I had to leave Noah and David behind, which meant the usual flow of tears as I put little man down for bed last night.

This morning, I tip-toed into his room and gave him one last squeeze before I loaded up the car and drove out into a doozy of a thunderstorm (at least the power didn't go out... I surely would have missed my flight then).

My flight leaves at 7:20 AM EST. So I'm killing time right now at the Buckeye Hall of Fame Cafe in Concourse C, doing what else?: Blogging, of course!

Not sure if I'll have much more time to post over the next three days, but if so, I'll certainly keep you up-to-date. There's supposed to be some big names at UNITY, so there's an outside chance I'll see some famous faces (Barack Obama, for one!). Could be exciting...

4 comments:

Candid Carrie said...

Have fun. I am sure Mrs. Wilson will keep everything in check!

JWilson said...

You are so correct Mrs. Stuckmann, I will keep everythign in order for Tif while she is gone.

Hope you had a safe flight and have some fun. You should have called this morning because the entire wilson clan was in my bed due to the massive thunderstorm that rolled through.

Shauna said...

Barack Obama? Neat!! Keep us posted and have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey baby! Call me when you get back, Big Dons are ON!
Em