I've always gotten a chuckle out of my friends' and family's pictures of their little people asleep in unusual places—the exersaucer, the high chair, the floor, whatever. But for whatever reason, Noah has never fallen asleep anywhere interesting—just his crib, his old swing, someone's arms or the car seat.
Until today.
About a half hour ago, he was ultra fussy, so I decided it was time for his morning snack. I popped him in his high chair with a half-sippy of milk and a few bite-size pieces of fresh zucchini bread (at least it has some vegetables to round out the sugar and oil).
He gobbled down the bread, and he happily chugged the milk. And then he just got quiet and zoned out. I was busy checking my work e-mail—I'm constantly multitasking on the days I work from home—when I glanced up at him and saw this:
Mr. Noah had fallen sound asleep. That poor little man must have been exhausted, because he was only in his chair a total of 5–7 minutes. Before I rescued him and laid him gently in his crib, I just had to snap a picture or two. So sweet.
Also sweet is this other picture I took early this morning.
I took Noah outside to play on the deck before the sun scorched us both. There was lots of dew that hadn't yet dried up, so I wrote a message on the deck table. I never could resist a foggy window, a smooth patch of sand, or a dewy surface; I just have to leave my mark. This time, I wanted to tell Noah how much I loved him—even if he can't read yet! He thought it was neat-o.
Monday, July 21, 2008
One tired baby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I love those pictures, too! Poor little Noah. I hope he is enjoying his nap.
Ahh, so sweet. Babies (or little ones) sleeping are always sweet no matter where it is. I love the mommy & Noah to.
Hey girl! Justin had his computer with him on business for a week--so I'm finally catching up with you all. Poor Noah--he was just so tired! :) Too cute.
Let's get together soon--Justin has a new gun that I'm sure David would love to see!
Post a Comment