Saturday, July 19, 2008

Another Friday wedding

As usual, I'm a week behind in reporting the ultra-exciting, gripping news of my life. I know by now this is not a surprise to you.

So what was I doing last week? On Friday, David, Noah and I traveled to Pennsylvania for Deanna's (my best pal) brother's wedding. As an added bonus of getting to see my best friend, which I only manage to do 3-4 times a year, Grandma Compan took Noah overnight. Yippee! So it was kind of like a wedding/date night...and we had a terrific time!

Since the wedding was on Friday, we missed the 3 o'clock ceremony (that pesky three-hour drive just didn't get us there in time with our work schedules). But we did manage to get to the reception in time, despite the fact that I'd mapquested the wrong address.

I've now known Deanna, her family and friends for 12 years, so I felt right at home celebrating the nuptials of her brother, Jimmy, and his new wife, Jan-Lynn.

Some pictures from the occasion...

Jimmy & Jan-Lynn cut the cake (which was YUM-O!).



Deanna shows off her three-week-old baby girl, Raya Chance Sentipal. Isn't she sweet? And how about a hand for mommy, who looks AMAZING less than a month after giving birth to her third baby. Just ridiculous!



This is De's husband, Joe, and their little guys, Parker & Joey.



Me & my sweetie. Don't you love that he wore camouflage to a formal event? I think they referred to him as "that guy" all night.



De and I in our traditional "kissing" picture. We've done this on all big occasions since our freshman year of college.



Jan-Lynn is watching her hubbie and father-in-law sing "When a Man Loves a Woman." Really nice moment...



And right after that, they sang the Foggy-Bottom song about constant sorrows and stuff (and obviously the official name escapes me). Jimmy had his father-in-law and brother-in-law dance along, country style.



Deanna & Joe bust a move on the dance floor. De is a dance teacher, after all.



We had so much fun that night we stayed up until 2 AM! Even the new mommy. And bless my mother, we got to sleep in the next day... ahh. Great trip, great people, great night.

3 comments:

JWilson said...

Sounds like a great night out and a wonderful reception

Jen said...

You and David are looking awesome in your picture! You are looking a little more done up than Kalahari when we were just living with the morning "do" all day!

Lindsay said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you got to go out and enjoy yourselves. ahhhh I love being able to sleep in!