
Reading my very good friend Jess' blog this morning reminded me that I meant to write a birthday blog post yesterday for her. She was just at my house on Saturday, and I knew she was going to dinner with her hubbie in early celebration of her birthday. You see how easily I forget things?!
At any rate, I've known Jess for just four-ish short years, but in that time I've really come to rely on her as a friend and confidant. We have a terrific time hanging out together, and someday I hope our kids will enjoy each just as much.
In the four years I've known her, we've dined together, watched fireworks, enjoyed a book club that Jess started, worked together and traveled to Miami on business (when Jess was really pregnant!), both moved into our first houses, added two babies to our household (and Jess even threw me a huge shower AND came to the hospital when I gave birth to Noah for at LEAST 12 hours... bless her heart!), seen some sporting events, I tried to keep her company when her hubby was away in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, she and her husband have bailed David and I out of sticky situations, we've cheered on the Buckeyes together, and last but not least, we have talked and talked and talked (on e-mail, in person, on the phone and via blogging).
She's a terrific human being and a wonderful friend. I, for one, feel lucky to have her and her family in my life. 
Happy 27th, Jess!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Happy belated birthday, Mrs. Wilson!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Wow, very nice tribute! I think it so cool to see two bloggers I know in the same picture. Geeky, aren't I? It validates the flesh and blood of you two instead of just the blogs I visit.
Oh My gosh! I am sitting hear crying as I read this. Thank you for all the kind words.
I'm so thankful that you decided to enter Phil's apartment that night and watch football with those guys. My life would not be the same without you in it!
You're very welcome, Jess! I meant every word. :)
Post a Comment