Thursday, July 17, 2008

An observation on "comments"

I've decided that stalking the "comments" section of my blog is a little bit like a wedding or baby registry. You know it's not right to check it constantly (thus ruining the surprise), but you just can't help yourself.

I often laugh at myself when I notice the ridiculous number of times I will check my blog throughout the day... waiting to see who else—if anyone—has commented on my latest and greatest rambling. You would think there were more important tasks at hand...say work? Cleaning? Cuddling with my hubbie? Playing with Noah? Oh sure, I do those things too, but there's nothing quite like the happiness I feel when people leave a comment on my personal niche of cyberspace. So addictive, so silly.

Are you a fellow addict? I'd love to know... 'cause that would mean you'd have to leave a comment! See how that works? Back to my stalking, I mean, work...

5 comments:

Jen said...

Tif, are you kidding? I am a stalker, too! I have no idea why I stalk my comment section so often. I hear from many people that they read the blog, but I am always just "jonesing" for a comment like a druggie for a fix! So, here is my comment for you! Hope you enjoy--Your fellow addict, Jen

Shauna said...

I just checked my comment section. :) I've noticed that you didn't leave one about my recent screw in the hand incident. :)

I not only check my comment section multiple times a day, but I also check all of my friends' blogs more than once a day to see if there are updates. I will sometimes even re read my own entries.

Obsessed much? :)

Anonymous said...

I am so not a stalker...
Love,
your stalker, Em

JWilson said...

Complete and total stalker of the comments on mine and others sometimes. It's nice to know for sure that people are reading what you've wrote.

Lindsay said...

Yes yes I admit, I too am a comment stalker. I sometimes check mine and others several times a day. Like right now I am supposed to be working and here I am. It's so nice to receive comments and know people really do read the crazy things we write. Hope you enjoy your comments! :)