This picture was taken in September 2007 at the Old Time Farming Festival in Centerburg, Ohio.
With a three-month-old baby at home, I was feeling antsy to get out of the house. I convinced David we should go to the festival on the premise and promise of fair food (always a seller to both of us!).
Much to our surprise, the festival itself was terrific! It boasted a bevy of quaint, farm fun, such as tractor square dancing, watermelon seed spitting contest, hog calling and even a toy tractor pull contest.
The shot above was taken at the tractor pull, where I got a kick out of the misguided soul who promoted his group as the "SouthWest Truck Pulling Ass." Apparently he missed the class on abbreviating association "Assn."
Instead, those fine folks from SouthWest instead are promoted as ones who have a way with the ladies. On second thought, maybe that's what they were going for in the first place!
Sadly, I'll have to miss the Farming Festival this year. I'll be in D.C. for my company's annual conference. But I bet if you have a hankering for fair food, David would love to take Noah and meet up with you.
If you want to share your photo today, hop on over to Candid Carrie's blog and play along!
Friday, July 11, 2008
Friday photo time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
How funny, they left off the n. I like the sign better without it.
I love finding those errors! Great picture!
I love old time farming festivals.
"SouthWest Truck Pulling Ass." - I think I like this title better. Too funny.
Found you on Candid Carrie.
that's some piece of ass if it can pull a truck
OMG that is awesome, I'm so glad you took and pic of it and I love that you ass is backed up to it. :))
You know if the weather is nice my kids and I might just have to give David a call for that one.
LOL What fun!! we have those here as well.
Post a Comment