Thursday, July 17, 2008

Me & Miss Hannah



My gal pal, Em, just sent me this picture today. It's of myself and her daughter, Hannah, in fall of 2004. When I saw it I thought two things right away:

1) Holy cow has Hannah grown up quickly! Gosh she was a cute baby (and a beautiful girl now).

2) I was a lot smaller then... *sigh*

And then...

3) Look at my long hair! Should I grow it long again?

4) For some reason, I look like I knew what I was doing holding that sweet baby even though Noah wasn't even a thought yet.

Isn't it funny how an old picture makes you do that? It's an instant way to jump off a comparison cliff. I, for one, am guilty of that ALL the time.

There are some things in that picture that make me wistful: smaller self; long, curly hair; I obviously had more time to apply my makeup. But then again, the woman in that picture didn't have Noah in her life. That, my friends, is my trump card. Having him in my life (almost) makes me forget the chubbies, the mom 'do, and the fact that I no longer have time to wear makeup.

Back to Hannah for a second... she just turned FOUR last week (that was fast, I know!). I stole this picture from an e-mail her mom sent to me so you could fully appreciate the gorgeous little girl she's grown into.


Miss Hannah Rebecca Replogle

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I do the same thing, compare myself to an old picture and your right. Even though I complain daily about my fat stomach I would not trade my kids in for a flat stomach. I would carry my pouch around any day to have them in my life. :)

Oh and Hannah was such a cute baby. My how they grow so fast!

JWilson said...

I liked your hair long and I like it short. I would say for sanities sake don't grow it long again you don't have the time.

Yes I know that was not the point of this post but I had to put in my two sense. :)

I do the same thigns when I look at pictures of myself before kids. It's hard not to do it.

Anonymous said...

Oh Tif,
I am sniffling... thank you.
And you look great in that picture but I have a few with you and Noah and you have a light about you that only being a mommy can give.
I will send you some tonight!
Love you and thank you again for the kind words for my little lady!
Em