Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I've been tagged!

Back on May 19, my good friend Jess Wilson "tagged" me on her blog, The Wilson's House. I had forgotten all about it until I was catching up on another fellow blogger, Lindsay, over at The Adams Family. She was tagged by Jess as well and decided tonight was finally the night. So to be part of the crowd, I'll finally play along too!

My task is to write at least six facts about me... perhaps something a little more interesting than what toothpaste I use (which, by the way, is always what's on sale, so long as it comes in a stand-up container).

So let's see...

#1: I am the baby of four siblings and I came with the requirement that I have a "T" name. My parents got stuck in one of those name ruts where they find themselves making a pattern. In our family of six, our names are: Tim, Tim, Tiffany, Jean, Jeff, Jen. So, as the last member of the family, I needed to have a "T" name to even everything out. My mom's first thought was "Therese" after my aunt who passed away as a child. As lovely as that thought may be, I just can't see myself as a Therese. Instead, she gave me Aunt Terry's middle name, "Anne," which is also my middle name.

#2: Reading is by far my favorite hobby. I don't have the time for it that I used to, and blogging has definitely cut into my nightly reading ritual... but it's still my first love. Even as a little girl I read everything I could get my hands on. I still remember my first "sexy" book—Palomino. My mom let me read it (or perhaps she didn't know I read it?) on vacation one year when I was around 12 after she and my sister had already finished it. If I recall correctly, the sex scenes were brief and thankfully didn't include any phrases like, "hardened member." Those awful passages came later in Harlequin romance novels. Seriously, who uses the word "member?"

#3: If I could be any animal, I'd be a bird... probably a bald eagle so that it would be unlikely to be hunted. Why a bird? I want to fly. Every time I see a bird gliding, dipping and zipping on whooshes of wind, I'm envious. Wouldn't that be amazing?! I sometimes dream that I can fly and it's exhilarating! In Cancun with David, we were able to wind sail off our party boat one day. That was the closest I've ever come to flying. So much fun!

#4: I'm super scared of the dark. There is no rational reason for my fear. I know that things are exactly the same in the light as they are in the dark, but it doesn't help. As a youngin', I was not afraid of the dark at all. As a matter of fact, my older siblings would send me upstairs first when it was bedtime so that the boogeyman would eat me first (logically). As an adult, I would guess that my fear of the dark comes from my love of scary movies. I could watch them all (between my fingers, of course) over an over again. But then I always get scared. It's a silly, senseless pattern.

#5: I can sing, but not super well. I am a solid alto, the kind of singer you want for four-part harmony, but not for a soloist. To get out my singing jollies, I sing for the praise team at my church. I LOVE everything about it (well, most everything). I get to sing with my very good friend Mrs. J, and we get to make beautiful music that resonates with joy and faith of the best kind! And truth be told, sometimes it makes me feel a little bit like a rock star without all the booze and money.

#6: My favorite band is Dave Matthews. I could watch their concert every year and never get tired of them. Last year, because I was giving birth, I didn't get to go. It was so sad. David, who likes them okay, doesn't mind their concerts. After all, there are endless beautiful people (aka girls!) there, and the beer is always ice cold. Besides, what's not to like about a band who sings the words, "Eat, drink and be merry"?

Okay, that's all I've got. Talking about me is hard stuff!

If anyone wants to play along, give it a whirl...

1 comment:

JWilson said...

Yay!! I'm glad you finally joined in the fun. I'm glad someone else is scared of the dark. :)