Finally, we have a resolution in the babysitter capers.
After several weeks and months of suffering and speculation... first that she was having a reaction to the scarlet fever, then that the kids were a source of contact dermatitis, now we know: Heidi has psoriasis! It was caused by not treating the strep throat (and later scarlet fever).
As it turns out, she isn't allergic to ANYTHING. Zero. Zip. Zilch. And her itching has nothing to do with the kids!
I am THRILLED, to say the very least.
I do feel bad for Heidi. It's clear that the itching and rashes and general discomfort has been a horrible cross to bear, but I am just tickled that Noah will not have to switch sitters.
And now I can go back to washing his clothes in regular detergent too. I missed have super-smelling laundry on him.
Anyhow, we are relieved!
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
It's not allergies. It's psoriasis ! Hooray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I am so glad you don't have to find a new sitter! I am wondering why she told you to start looking before she really knew what was wrong.
Anyway, yay for no allergies!!!!
Post a Comment