Sunday, June 1, 2008

Noah's first birthday bash

I did something to my son I hoped I would never to do my own child. As a kid growing up, I loved having a summer birthday (June 8), but I hated the fact that it was always lost in a sea of weddings, graduations, barbecues, vacations and all sorts of fun summer stuff. It was pretty normal for my family to have to sneak in a quick party because we were always running to some event on my big day.

So I obviously wasn't thinking clearly when David and I made the snap decision to start planning our little family. Noah's due date? June 6th... just two days from my birthday! He did come a bit early—June 2nd—but that still means his birthday is square in the middle of summer kickoff. Just like mine.

With that in mind, I wanted to make sure Noah's first birthday party was memorable. We invited lots of people, we went crazy getting the house ready and we tried our best to make sure our little man had a great day.

Will he remember his first birthday? No. But I'm hoping the pictures we took will bring a smile to his face 10 or 20 years from now.

Thanks to everyone who made the long trip up/down/across/over: Great-great Aunt Anna Mary, Ryan, Grandma & Grandpa Compan, Grandma & Grandpa Frazier, Uncle Tim & Aunt Anita and Matthew & Adam, Sasha & Justin, Kristen & Clay, Kristen J., Jess, Great-Grandma & Great-Grandpa Danielson, Emily & Adam, Hannah & Charlie & Austin, Me, David & Noah!

Since I was busy talking, cooking and flitting about, I didn't take many pics. Thanks to Em for adding to my collection (and I'll take anymore that folks have!).

Grandma Compan entertaining Noah in the morning while mommy cooks.


Family moment.


Noah gets sticky with a juice box.


Jess & Kristen strike a pose.


Sasha (holding Austin), Clay & Kristen smile pretty for me.


Matthew, Noah, Grandma Frazier & Adam scope out his new slide (Thanks Gma F!).


Noah & mommy, gosh I love that little man.


More to come... my Internet is painfully slow right now (one of the perks of country living).

3 comments:

JWilson said...

It was a great party will great food and Noah will for sure appricate this in 20 years!

Once we install the software to our new camera I have an amazing pic of you and Noah that I will send your way.

Lindsay said...

He is getting soooo big and what a cutie! Sorry we couldn't be there but it looks like he had a great birthday and lots of friends and family to help celebrate. Enjoy him, it goes so fast!

Happy Birthday Noah!

Shauna said...

I am soooo sorry I didn't make it! It looks like you guys had a terrific day! On the bright side of the birthday - almost always beautiful weather for outdoor events. You two are lucky to have summer birthdays! :)