Thursday, June 19, 2008

Two weddings, four days: part 2

So where were we? Oh yes, the ring... or lack thereof. Turns out Tim had left the ring at a groomsman's house earlier that day. So he had sent two groomsmen to retrieve it... approximately 30 minutes before the ceremony.

With this knowledge tucked safely away in our brains, the few bridesmaids who knew the score made it our duty to keep the bride distracted and happy.

Emily: "Shouldn't we be lining up now?"

Ni: "Nah. The groomsmen are still seating guests. We still have time."

Rinse, repeat.

It didn't take long before that shiny, circular bauble made its way to Squaw Creek, and we were all walking down the aisle between rows of sweaty guests in white chairs.

The ceremony was short and elegant; after just 15 or 20 minutes, Emily & Jeff were pronounced husband and wife.

The rest of the guests went on to enjoy a cocktail hour on the terrace while the rest of us took lots of pictures. I'm guessing they are going to have a hard time choosing what to put in an album with the amount of film and memory card space that was used that day!

Adorning all the chairs in the reception ballroom were heavy white slipcovers and long, silky pink ribbons. Each table had a tall centerpiece of peonies dripping with crystal ornaments.

My nephews made a beeline for the sweet temptation of the overflowing candy table. There were chocolate-covered cherries, pink and white candies, watermelon twizzlers, you name it! It was fantastic... and it was also the event's favor since guests could fill up take-out containers with their sugary spoils. YUM!

The rest of the reception is a blur between the dancing and drinking and eating. David took Noah and went back to our hotel around 9 PM so that I could stay and visit with my family. Score one for my hubbie!

Really, it was one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever seen. Once I get my hands on some pictures, I'll be sure to post them. Unfortunately, my camera never made it out of the bridal room once I lined up to walk down the aisle.

So that brings us to the NEXT day... Saturday, June 7th.

David and I hung out with the fam in the morning. Around Noon we went to a post-wedding luncheon with Emily's family and enjoyed MORE eating and swimming (which felt amazing giving the stickiness of the day).

That night, we geared up for wedding No.2—one of my friends from high school was marrying her boyfriend of nearly 12 years. Coincidentally, her name is Emily too.

We missed the wedding, but we did manage to make it to the reception. Here are some shots:

David and I (or at least part of David) hanging out at our table. Since we didn't know anyone there, it was a lonely table...



Emily and I posing for our first picture together since 1996.




Mr. & Mrs. Jason and Emily Davidson




Emily's little sister, Amy, also the maid of honor, who will always be six years old in my mind. And now she's 21!



We only managed to stay at the reception until 8:30 or so, but we caught all the good parts—the various dances, the toasts, the cake, etc. Congrats, Em!

Finally, we arrive at Sunday, June 8th—my 30th birthday!

My sister, her hubbie Chris and their boys had to leave in the morning to make the long trek back to Wisconsin. Objecting pretty strongly to that idea, they made their plea to stay to Grandma on the porch swing. Alas... no deals were made.



Once they left, Noah, David and I spent some time walking in circles in the front yard. It was such a pretty morning I had to capture some pictures.

Mommy & Noah



Noah & Daddy having a heart-to-heart



Later that day, my family gathered (again!) for lunch to celebrate my birthday and Noah's too.

Here we are, posing for a shot before we blow out the candles.



Mr. Noah after eating his cake, cheesy face in full effect.



Ladies who lunch: Rosalind, Aunt Anna Mary, Grandma Dilley & Jean Garlock



Auntie Peg plays with Noah through the door glass.



David and I finally brought the weekend to a close around 4 PM, loaded up the car and made our way back to Mount Vernon. Lucky Noah & Daddy... they both got to catnap on the ride home.

Two weddings, two birthdays, four days, DONE!

2 comments:

JWilson said...

No wonder it took so long to post this\. you need a month to recover from that kind of weekend.

Lindsay said...

Wow sounds like a very long and busy weekend. I'm tired just reading it. It sounds like you had a good time though visiting with family and friends. The wedding sounded beautiful.