Friday, June 27, 2008

Cell baby

"Dah dah, schluh mah dah."

"Ah."

"Ehh!!"

"Ohhhhh."

I don't know what it means either. But that is the conversation Noah had on his pretend cell phone tonight (and I say pretend because it's actually a personal fan a friend of the family gave to him at my brother's recent wedding).

David, Noah and I were driving home tonight from "USA Days"—one of those traveling carnivals that hits each small town from coast to coast as soon as the weather turns warm. This one was held in Centerburg, a little community between Mount Vernon and Columbus.

After all three of us had had our fill of fried, frozen and and full-of-fat food, we rolled ourselves back to our car, strapped our bulging bellies in our seats and set out for the homeland.

About 10 minutes into our drive I happened to look back at Noah in his big baby mirror and noticed that he was having a rather animated conversation with himself and his cell/fan. It was too cute. He had that cell/fan up to his ear and was just talking away. At one point he even had one hand out, gesturing at whomever was on the other end of the line.

This went on for about five or 10 minutes. Near the end of his "call," he tilted his little head and switched to more "Uh-hum"s, as if the other person was boring him to death. I just couldn't take it; it was so cute I made David snap a shot.

Here he is, our little cell baby:

1 comment: