Amended 8/21/08
My very good friends, Kristen & Clay, welcomed to the world a baby boy today. His name is William Clayton, and he is definitely their little miracle!
They've waited a long time for this little man (their first), so I am thrilled that their dreams came true tonight.
Will weighed in at 7 pounds, 9 ounces, 20.6 inches long, and was born at 6:22 p.m. at St. Ann's in Westerville (where Noah was born!).
The skinny on the labor: Kristen is one lucky lady. She & Clay went in for an induction at 5 a.m., but there was a rash of women in labor the night prior so they had to wait for a room. By 9 a.m., they had finally pumped her full of drugs to get labor going, and by Noon, she was ready for an epidural (amen!). At 6, her doctor said it was time to push, and Will arrived just 20 or so minutes later. Best part? Mommy even caught a nap while her body was dilating from 4 to 8 centimeters. That's fabulous!
Making this day extra special is that Will shares his birthday with his daddy. Gosh that's neat!
As soon as I get a picture via e-mail, I'll post it online. The one I have is on my cell phone, and the last time I tried to post a cell picture it didn't work out so well. In the meantime, here's a shots of Kristen & Clay, holding my little man last year (see, they were already excellent parents-in-training!).
Anyway, welcome baby Will! Can't wait to meet you!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Welcome, Will!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Yay! I'm soooooo happy for them! I thought he was 7 lbs. 9 oz. I'm glad I read yours before my post! :)
Tif, she was your former roommate, right? That is great. Does she have a blog where I can congratulate her?
There appears to be a discrepancy in the weight... my text message from Clay said 8 pounds, 9 ounces, but David thinks it's 7-9, so we'll see! I could very well be wrong since I haven't yet talked to Kristen myself. And Jen, yes, she was my roommate once when I lived with the other Kristen too. No blog, though!
Post a Comment