Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday Photo Fiesta: Window Biscuit



This is Priscilla Lucille, aka: Scilla, aka: Biscuit.

She is one of two kitties I brought home five-plus years ago as babies (another time I'll introduce you to her sister, Belle).

Biscuit is a chocolate-tortie-point Himalayan. Sounds fancy, I know, but it really just means she's white, with a hint of brown, with tortoise-shell-inspired points on her ears.

As you can see, she's maybe not the most active cat you've ever met. Here she's enjoying the sun in our living room bay window—a favorite (day-long) activity of hers once fall and winter set in.

She's not the brightest kitty I have either, nor the friendliest. There's not a hint of mean in her, but she's scared of EVERYTHING (including Noah).

At one point in her life she had befriended David, and would zigzag bath and forth down our hallway, meowing at him to follow her back to the bedroom. Those were in the pre-Noah days, when both cats slept with us at night. Once Noah arrived, I kicked them out. The idea of nursing a baby and dealing with two cats in a very small space was not my idea of a fun or a restful night of sleep.

Now Biscuit is happiest keeping to herself, sleeping here, relaxing there, just watching the bugs fly by. She did get a little fired up earlier in the week with our bat incident, and I'm certain that's the most animated I've seen her in a long time. Gotta love her, my chubby fluffball of a kitty!

Now, head on over to Candid Carrie's and join the fun. You know you want to!




8 comments:

JWilson said...

Both of your cats are very pretty little things and you know I don't like cats. :))

Jen said...

Ahhh. . .This kind of makes me forget what being around all that fur would actually do to me! Too cute

Jess NBP said...

she's adorable!!

Frizzy said...

I'm a dog person myself but that picture of your sweet little kitty makes me want to snuggle and cuddle her. Heck that window spot looks like a nice sunny place to nap. I wish I could join her for one.

Shauna said...

BISCUIT? :) HAHA. Since when is her name Biscuit? :) I didn't know that. You guys are funny. :)

Jennifer said...

That's one furry kitty! Cute!

Lori said...

Oh man, that is the life. Can I come to your house and be a cat?

Kelly said...

This pictures makes we want to go take a nap in a warm spot!