Certain personality traits that come with Noah's age—now 16.5 months!—absolutely make me smile. One is his new-found urge to "help."
He loves to give me things he picks up off the floor (sometimes even before he tries sticking them in his mouth), and he delights in helping mommy unload the dishwasher (and I, for one, love that I don't have to bend over as much to grab those lower-rack utensils too!).
If it's a good day, instead of launching the freshly folded laundry across the floor, he will sometimes open up the drawers of his dresser and stash his cotton shirts inside (albeit in the wrong drawer...but it's the thought that counts).
Outside, if we can distract him long enough from the quad or lawn mower, we can also get him to help us carry small sticks, leaves and whatnot in the yard...and then reward him with 20 or so passes around the property while we "meep meep!" at the top of our lungs.
And every day is different. I find him doing new things and helping us in new ways every single week. A few weeks ago, he started helping me put on his jacket on a regular basis. Last week, more of his books made it back to the shelf than usual. And this week? I guess I'll have to wait and see!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Our little helper
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
The helping phase is always nice. I hope it last for you. :)
Hmmm. .. Enjoy it now. Soon, it will be the "Why-do-I-have-to-do-it? phrase."
Hey there-
What a great pic of Noah! he is too cute. Sounds like you had a great time on vacation--glad to hear it! let me know when you want to get together for dinner--we'd love to! Also, Justin's band is playing in C-bus at Woo Doggies on Nov. 7 if you care to join, that would be great! Take care-Love Sasha
Yes I agree with Jen....Madisyn is always saying "Why do I have to pick it up? I didn't get it out?" ugh! Mason on the other hand is still in the helpful stage. :) Enjoy!
Post a Comment