Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Photo Fiesta: David's dessert

Last weekend, the day after we returned from Jamaica, I told David that I was dying for something sweet, but we didn't have anything in the house that fit the bill. He told me to go out in the living room and that he would whip something up. Ten minutes later, this is what he brought me:


This, my friends, is David's idea of dessert. What exactly IS it, you say? It doesn't have a name... but it's made with oatmeal, chocolate, raisins, karo (!) and a little butter, I think. I'm fairly certain he was going for a no-bake cookie sort of feel, but that is definitely not how it came out.

Still, the thought of chocolate had my mouth salivating, so I eagerly took a bite of his pancaky-looking brown mess. Oh dear. It wasn't good... at all.

I'm not sure if this was one of those times when I was supposed to lie and then shovel the dessert into my napkin, but I just couldn't do it. When David asked me how it tasted, I said, "It's bad...really, really bad. But I really, really appreciate your effort!"

Does that make me a bad wife? :)

Want to share your dessert disaster pics? Take a trip over to Candid Carrie's and she'll tell you what to do.


6 comments:

JWilson said...

OMG that is really funny!!!! I love that he tried though, my Dave wouldn't have. :)

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!

Lindsay said...

I'm cracking up....That was so sweet of him! No, your not a bad wife I would of said the same thing. :)

MediMonsters said...

Too funny!! Stopping in from Candid Carrie--TFS!

Emily said...

Oh my, how David is that? Yuck.
It looks like barf...
Arent you glad I comment~?

Jen said...

Oh Tif-- Yikes!