Saturday, October 11, 2008

Chuck E. Cheese's—where a kid can be a kid!

In the 1980s, I regarded Chuck E. Cheese's as an ultimate destination. Why, the chance to eat pizza and play skeeball at the same time—that's priceless!

I haven't been to CEC's since my 1980s obsession, so I was a little bit unsure of what to expect with the joint in this new millennium. What I found out was this: there's still pizza, mouse tokens are flying around like mad, the noise level rivals that of a busy casino, the kids are insane, the parents are frazzled, and the fun is there to be had.

Noah was smitten with Chuck's the moment we walked in the door. He literally ran from game to game and from ride to ride. He couldn't get enough of anything! And when the pizza showed up, he happily chomped down two pieces of his very favorite pie.

We weren't alone at Mr. Cheese's. Our group consisted of Me, David, Noah, Grandma & Grandpa Compan, and Auntie Barb & Uncle Henry. We ended up at the kid-friendly eatery while other folks in our large, extended family gathered for my cousin Sherry's rehearsal dinner on Thursday. Since we weren't involved with the bridal party, we decided to gather with one another (and made the smart choice to go somewhere that Noah could RUN).

Here's some of our adventures...

Mommy & Noah fly this cool helicopter simulator game that shook, rattled & rolled. Noah really liked this one.


Here's little man taking a ride on one of the many todder-land attractions.


Papa Compan, Noah & Uncle Henry duel in their respective go-fast cars.


Auntie Barb & Grandma Compan hang back at the table, guarding purses and pizza alike.

4 comments:

Emily said...

SO cute. Love the layout and love you too.

Jen said...

Cute pics. Love your new hairdo!

JWilson said...

I haven't taken my two to chucks yet. I remember it being crazy when I was there as a pretenn with my borthers and sister and it just scares me!

Lindsay said...

Looks like fun! We took Mady there for her 4th birthday and she loved it! It is a little crazy but worth it for the kido's. :)