Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Will's baptism brunch

Kristen & Clay's little man, William, was baptized a few weeks ago in Tennessee. David and I were really hoping to be able to go—not only because we're his godparents—but because it would have been nice to be there for the whole family. Alas, that was not meant to be, so we had to settle for being present for Will's brunch this past weekend.

I must say, Kristen had Will looking dapper in a little white sweater, brown pants and a precious silver cross necklace.

And what party is complete without a fancy cake (and one that tasted good too!)?

Noah had a few hours of regression during the brunch, as he decided to rediscover the exersaucer. Will has the same model we had, so maybe Noah was feeling nostalgic? I don't know, but it was hilarious to watch him climb in and get stuck there. I'm truly considering getting ours out and letting him play in it. For 10 minutes, he'll be truly captive!

Lola the boxer puppy was a big hit at the party too. But she was having so much fun she didn't have any use for her crate. But Noah did. He climbed right in and laid down. I think he would've taken a nap there had there not been so much action.

Here's the proud parents. Kristen didn't get many opportunities to hold her little man that day; Will got passed around the whole time, hence her empty arms here.

David and Will had some nice moments at the end of the party. I like this picture because you can see Kristen laughing in the background too.

Here we are together!

Clay & Noah look pretty serious here... but Noah was just having so much fun on the horsey. I think he would have been happy if we loaded it into the car with us.

It was a perfect brunch. Just thinking about it reminds me that I need to get the cheese danish recipe from Kristen. It was fabulous!

3 comments:

Jen said...

What a wonderful day for all of you!

Love Noah's sweater. I have a boatload more here to send your way.

Emily said...

I LOVE THE PICTURE OF DAVID AND WILL! AHHH, TOO CUTE!

Gamma said...

The pic is hilarious of Noah in the crate!

And I think Will is absolutely adorable!

Thanks for sharing