Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ladies who lunch

I had the rare opportunity to sneak out of the house for a few hours on Saturday to dine with fellow alumni of Sigma Alpha Tau (all hail Otterbein!). The best part was that I got to drive to/from C-bus with Sasha, one of my favorite people, who I haven't seen since June!

We gathered at Easton's California Pizza Kitchen, and we stretched ourselves out over several tables. Oddly enough, there were just two children there instead of our usual 20–30 tikes.

Though our conversations were random (a little of old & new), we slipped right back into silly mode and found ourselves chuckling at our memories and our antics of the day.

Here's Helene, who hasn't changed one bit since college (left). Shannon, next to her, looks the same too! Then there's Beck and Gwen.

In this shot is (L-R): April, Andrea, Em, & Lizz (with Baby Caton #4 hibernating).

We had a white elephant gift exchange too—some of us with rather impromptu gifts. Here's Sasha showing off her gift from Emily—a tampon, a baby card and a dollar bill. That, my friends, is a true white elephant present.

Me & Sash (and I'm wondering why my hair looks so darn long in this picture...).

Thanks, ladies, for taking my mind off the economy, croup (yes, I think Noah's got it), 12 inches of snow, you name it. I love you all!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Love you. SO MUCH!

Emily said...

And as for my white elephant gift to Sash, you can NEVER be too prepared! Oh lord, I am so glad you guys love me!