Saturday, February 21, 2009

Updates

It's been a busy, busy week, so I thought I would take a few minutes to catch up on this and that.

Non-exiting news #1: Noah is still feeling the effects of rotavirus. We see definite progress and are hopeful that things will come to a full stop tomorrow. It would be truly exciting to go to the office on Monday (and I never thought I would say that!). I haven't been there since Feb. 12th and have only been in the office about 4–5 days this entire month. That's just crazy!

Very exciting news #2: I have officially determined that nothing supernatural is moving our attic access panel. During our most recent wind storm (I call it Ike Jr.), the panel popped out of place. And I noticed that it moved during Hurricane Ike in fall too, but I just didn't believe it was possible. Now I know—wind, not ghost, is the culprit. And that makes me very happy. Perhaps the not-so-good news in that, however, is that we have some serious downdrafts in our attic! I suppose when you have four rooftop chimneys, it adds a bit more current than usual. Oh well, a home improvement for another day.

Exciting news #3: Our bathroom has been slowly transforming over the last few months. It's been painted twice (the first color, meant to be a interesting brownish green, didn't cut it); the countertop has been replaced; the sink was replaced; the mirror frame repainted (and may be painted again); the shower fixtures replaced; the cabinetry hardware fixtures replaced; and today, I bought new rugs, shower curtain and other decor. It's really, really coming along! When we get it all put together, I'll give you a before and in-progress shot. Still lots more to do in there, though. The toilet and shower/tub combo both need updated, but again, a project for another day... or year.

Exciting news #4: David and I may have our first night out together—alone—since our trip to Jamaica in October. The occasion is David's 29th birthday (on the 24th), so we're really trying to make it all work. We're really hoping our babysitting situation holds up (or if any of you are interested in being backups, don't hesitate to say so!), and we're hoping that a few of our pals will be able to join us. If everything pans out the way we hope, we'll be eating and bowling in Mount Vernon (and perhaps partaking of a few cocktails), and then catching a cab back to our house to be merry for a while. If anyone wants to play along, we'd love to have you!

And that's where the excitement of our lives ends, with a hope for a night out and a prayer for diarrhea to go away. This IS the life.

2 comments:

JWilson said...

Yay for the no ghost, Boo for poor Noah man, and another Boo for Dave and I not being able to join you guys for Davids B-day. :)

Lindsay said...

I hope Noah is feeling better by the weekend. :( I'm excited to join you guys for a fun night out. We have not went out and had a good time without the kiddos in a while. I am always the DD so I am looking forward to a few cocktails.....

Oh and yeah for no ghosts...that's a relief.