Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Photo Fiesta: My every-day Valentine

My Valentine's Day was, um, pukey. It wasn't anyone's fault. My son decided to unleash the beast of Rotavirus over brunch at the local diner, and things went downhill from there.

My husband, David, was dismayed that the day hadn't turned out exactly how he had planned, but he still cooked a delicious dinner of Chicken Parmesan for me that night. And we were both spared from coming down with Noah's bug until the next day, so that was a plus too.

But it needs to be said that when my hubby wants to be romantic, he certainly has a flare for it. Though we're long past the honeymoon stage, he does extend sweet gestures to me on a regular basis. For instance, he's been known to come home with any number of my "favorites" when I'm stressed or just when he's out and about at the grocery store. Simple? Yes. Sweet? Absolutely.

Today, though, I came across a picture from our first extended period of time apart after deeming ourselves an official couple. I was away, I think, for at least 7 days at my company's annual conference in Washington, D.C. When I came home, David opened the door of our apartment to the sight of our main hallway covered in hundreds of rose petals. On my bed, he'd laid out dozens (7? 8?) of roses in a variety of my favorite hues. It was just gorgeous!


Talk about sweeping a gal off her feet! David, if you're reading this, feel free to repeat this one anytime. It was a real crowd-pleaser.

--------------------------------------
Got pictures to go with your love stories? Share them with Candid Carrie this week. She likes that mushy stuff.

7 comments:

cat said...

Oh what a sweet gesture and what a man! And BTW - I hate rota about as much as snakes.

Susie said...

Wow! I wish my husband were more romantic like that. He holds talents in other areas but in this one he could use some work:-) Great job hubby:-)

JWilson said...

I remeber when he told Dave and I what he was going to do and thinking how lucky you were. I also think I might have mentioned to my Dave that he could pick up a few pointers (It apparently went in one ear and out the other).

You left out my favorite part of this story though. You know how instead of blowing bubbles at your wedding everyone was given little bags with the petals from all those roses and we tossed those at you. :)

Ann On and On... said...

WoW, that is absolutely beautiful!

This Mom said...

WOW what a guy

Jen said...

That was amazing! Thanks for sharing the pic. I don't think I have seen it before.

Candid Carrie said...

Wow. Just Wow.