Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Where oh where have the McCallens gone?

One word: bathroom. We've been in the bathroom (or on the changing table, for those of us who are under 2) for days.

Our house has been plagued with sickness in the last 2.5 weeks. Let's see... Noah had a horrendous cold/ear infection combo. And then he went back to the sitter's house for two days, where baby Aedan passed along his lingering Rotavirus germs.

Noah got violently ill on Valentine's Day, and we were feeling some really special form of love.

Then 36 hours later, David fell. I followed 8 hours later.

Monday was a new experience for me. I feel like I earned a major mommy merit badge. I think it is a true feat of endurance to change a runny diaper when you've just come out of the bathroom from getting sick... and manage to keep your tummy contents down in the process. Seriously, that was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do as a mommy, and it took some major tag-team effort from David to make it happen (kudos to dad, who was just as sick).

Anyway, today David and I feel about 80% normal, so we were able to function as normal-ish human beings. Noah, however, is still dealing with Rotavirus issues. I'm happy he's not puking, but I'm thoroughly bummed that he won't be able to go back to the sitter until his heiny is in better shape. Who knows when that will be.

So, everyone send me productivity vibes, so that I can attempt to work as many hours at home as I usually would during a regular week at the office (ha ha ha). And one of these days, I'll get back in the swing of things with this blog and life. We can't be sick forever, right?

5 comments:

Emily said...

Screw a merit badge, you deserve a medal!!!
I love you and I am SO glad you are feeling better.
It wont last forever, although it sometimes feels that way.
Thoughts to you.
Love
EM

Lindsay said...

That sucks that all of you are sick. Although on a good note at least you all knocked it out with one shot rather than getting it down the road. Maybe now once the three of you get better it will stay away......

I'm glad your feeling better and I hope Noah gets back to his self soon too!

JWilson said...

No you will not be sick forever it will get better I promise.

I am totally with you on the diaper changing while sick yourself it is the down right awful!

Jen said...

That serves you right for teasing me about the flu!

Just kidding- Sorry you have been sick! The boys got the Valentine's today! THANKS!

Get better- We'll talk soon.

MissRebecca said...

Oh my goodness. What a rough time for you guys! We have had Rotovirus here as well, last spring, Kaiya was down for a full 8 days.... the diarraih seems to last forever. Then Cassie got it (even after getting vaccinated from it) and was down just as long. It is a rough one to handle when both parents are well!!! I am so glad to hear you are feeling almost normal. That is awful. I can relate to the sick baby/sick mama issue... when I was pregnant with Cassie and was so sick, Kaiya got the stomache flu..... it was horrible.

Keep getting better and better love~!!!