Every kid needs a pet, but every parent is NOT ready for a dog. David's been dying to get Noah a pet. What he really wanted was to get him a doggie—Noah LOVES doggies—but I quickly reminded David that it was just a little over a year ago that we had to give away our two dogs because they were too crazy for our house and our long commute meant we didn't have enough time to give them the attention they needed.
And since our life situation has not changed, I've been pretty adamant about the fact that we're not ready for another dog... not yet.
So instead of dogs, David's been thinking about all sorts of pets to fulfill Noah's life. He's brought up lizards, snakes, flying squirrels, hamsters, you name it. What we settled on was fish.
Meet Bert & Ernie, our two new fishies. I honestly couldn't even tell you what kind of fish they are—a form of goldfish perhaps? I'm delighted with the choice. We invested $12 to get them, all equipment included. I feed them a tiny pinch of flakes three times a day (well, David helps), and at some point, I suppose I'll have to clean their bowl. All told, they're the cheapest, easiest pets I've ever had!
Now, pucker up your fish lips and head on over to Candid Carrie's for more fun!



5 comments:
Welcome, Bert and Ernie! Good for you for adding to your pet family. Keep adding them so that I don't have to!
I love their names.....to cute! Good choice on a easy maintenance pet.
Unless of course you go with a big tank like my mother-in-law got my kids which is a nasty mess right now. I do not like to clean it and neither does Robbie. I don't' know how the fish are surviving??? :)
Is this pet day for Friday Foto. :)) Emma and Ian's first pet was a Beta Fish named Rainbow Dash. She was cheap to care for and easy but she only lived 4 or so months. :))
I hope Bert and Ernie live much longer.
Also doesn't Noah already have two other pets? I seem to recall two very long haired cats in your house. :)
You are right, Mrs. Wilson, there are two cats in my house. But I think David views the cats as belonging to me, or as "things" that don't really exist in his world. Noah loves the cats, of course, but the fish are all his own.
YAY FISHIES!!! YAY BERT AND ERNIE!! Too cute!! :)
I'm forwarding you and email that is PERFECT for this... :) Check it out.
Post a Comment