Though it's not been as long as October since Mrs. Wilson tagged me to play a picture game (sorry Mrs. Adams!), I'm still a month late in fulfilling my part of the bargain.
The rules: Go to your picture folder and open the fourth subfolder. In that subfolder find the fourth picture, then post it with a story about what it is.
I had no idea what I was in for and I was vastly concerned that I'd be forced to post a dazzling shot of me with a super double chin or something of the sort. But when I opened the fourth folder in my iPhoto library (2005 pictures), and searched for the fourth picture, much to my relief this is what I found:
This is one of my favorite pictures from June 18, 2005, when David and I had our wedding celebration at my hometown church in Kinsman, Ohio. We are standing in my parents' neighbor's gazebo, and the photographer had us pose for yet another kissing shot.
I don't know why he had me hold onto my dress... perhaps it was muddy on the gazebo floor. But because I'm holding onto my dress, you can really see my gorgeous red calla lily bouquet and some of the pretty, pretty beadwork on the bodice of my dress. Oh how I loved that dress... that now sits in a rumbled ball in my closet (someday I plan to have it cleaned).
And look at my handsome hubby, resplendent in his marine dress blues. Nobody does a uniform better than the marines!
Ah, memories.
Thanks for letting me play, Jess! I think everyone else should try this little experiment too. You just never know what you might find.
Friday, January 9, 2009
While I'm fulfilling blog tags...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh Tif I remember when you came out of the dressing room in that dress. I knew and I could tell you knew it was the one. It seemed to match the formalness of Davids dress blues so well and it looked stunning on you.
I'm so glad you finally played along. :)
What a great picture. You both looked stunning that day and your flowers were gorgeous. I love calla lilies and the red just pops.
Oh and don't feel bad about just posting, I think that is the one that I owe Jess on. I need to get on that! :)
Post a Comment