Thursday, January 15, 2009

Quickie: here you go, mommy

A few days ago Noah and I were playing in the living room when he let out a giant sneeze. Then he promptly began rubbing his nose and saying "boogies." (Charming, I know.)

I got out a tissue, had him blow into it (which is hysterical, by the way, because he usually just blows air out of his mouth like he's trying to diffuse birthday candles), and took care of the itchy "boogies" bugging him.

I must not have been thorough, however, because a minute later he tapped me on the shoulder, held out his hand and said, "Here you go, mama."

What I thought was a piece of paper (his usual material to give to mama) was definitely not. When I held out my hand to take his treasure, instead of transferring to me a wisp of a receipt or a tiny scrap of Christmas wrap, he wiped his little index finger in the palm of my hand and deposited a teeny green boogie.

I looked down, wrinkled my nose and said, "Thank you, Noah."

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

You gotta love those special treats. lol! Hey at least he gave it to you and didn't eat it like Mason would have. :)

Jen said...

Seriously- the things we moms do that we would never have tolerated before kids. I have been given many a booger to dispose of as well. Yikes!

JWilson said...

I'm with Lins at least he didn't eat it!

Shauna said...

Aw!! I would have been touched!! :)
That's though cute!

Emily said...

What a gift. Love him, love you.