I'm trying very hard to enjoy winter—THIS winter, in particular. I focus on the good things: I get to wear sweaters and jeans; snow days mean sleeping in; Thanksgiving and Christmas are part of the fun... and then my list runs out.
I've run out of good things. I'm tired of the cold, I'm tired of the slush, I'm tired of the blanket that we cannot throw off when it starts to smother us. Show me grass! Show me sun! Show me sandy beaches and barbecues.
Fat chance. The (inwardly delighted) weatherman is warning us that—just a few days after being dumped on with a foot of snow—a second huge storm is on the way. Hooray.On Wednesday, the snow flakes were flying. My living room window was swirling with fluffy flakes. I didn't have to drive in that mess...but David did. Lucky him.
Noah doesn't mind the snow. He'd stay out all day if I let him. Mommy, however, has about a half-hour tolerance for the biting wind and toe-chilling drifts.
I had to go outside today to toss the kitchen scraps into the woods (my version of composting). I had to dig out the back door, and then I was praying that I didn't get speared by one of the intimating icicles clinging to our gutter. Geesh!
Take your winter wonderland photos and freeze them in place at Candid Carrie's. I hear she's serving hot cocoa today for the first 100 visitors!
Friday, January 30, 2009
Friday Photo Fiesta: Winter, winter, everywhere
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I ran out of good things to say about winter the day after Christmas. I'm with you, bring on the sun!!!!
I also heard about this storm coming our way and it's supposed to be alot worse than this weeks. YIPPIE! :(
Well, we never see snow, so for me your pictures are great. If you want to see some summer, head over to my blog - I live in South Africa, so we are currently in the midst of summer.
I'm cold just looking at your pictures!
Beautifully bitter cold...brrrr.
I like your writing style.
Grass, I've heard of this, but I can not remember what it looks like..... (lots of snow here too. sigh.)
Yuck! I am glad you are finally get more snow that I am. I was tired of it here- Thanks for taking it away!
I am so with you....I want warmth and sunshine sooo bad. This snow is for the birds!
Post a Comment