It is back to work tomorrow, and back to the reality that no matter how long the break, it always goes super fast.
I've been off work since the 24th, which means I had 12 days in a row of R&R. I can't recall the last time I had a vacation this long. Even our trip in October meant I was only off work for 4 consecutive days.
So in portending all the free time I would have over my 12-day stint, I dreamed up a long list of things I could do while I was at home.
- Paint the tile in the kitchen
- Go through storage bins in basement
- Clean (thoroughly, that is)
- Take down Christmas decorations & lights
- Read a book
As always, I've either overestimated or I've underperformed; I never agonize too long about which it is.
Looking ahead to the week, we've got big things planned. Noah starts his first day at his new sitter's house. I don't think I ever officially mentioned that his former sitter, after a long and tumultuous year, decided that one of her side businesses had taken off so well that she would no longer have time to care for Noah. With that declaration came a bit of annoyance at the thought of having to start the long interview process over and a bit of relief that I didn't have to worry any further about the situation.
So we began the search anew in November, and a few weeks ago we hired a woman in the Northern corner of Westerville. She has a two-year-old son and also cares for an 8-month-old baby. I got really good vibes from our interview, so I'm hoping that it all works out well and that our little man will be safe in her home. Wish us luck!
Other than that, I think it's business as usual... work, work work!


3 comments:
I am so happy that you have a new person!!
Let me know the address and I will do some "survalience".
Keep us posted as to how the new sitter pans out. It's always a rough thing to leave that first day!!! I'm sure Noah will be in GREAT hands with another toddler to show him the ropes!
By the way, your kiddo is quite the climber - heh? Jackson's short little legs can't get him out of a crib. Not in his dreams! Good for Noah - BIG BOY! (although I'm sure you'd be happy to keep him confined a bit longer!)
I hope things went well with Noah's new sitter today and I hope your first day back at work was also good!
Post a Comment