
This picture of me and my sister, Jen, was taken on Christmas Eve, 2003. I'd forgotten all about it until I was browsing through some random family photos on my external hard drive. And since I had Jen on the brain today (because she's cool like that), I decided it would be the perfect selection for my weekly Friday photo post.
Several things strike me about this picture:
- Oh my goodness I was bitty! It's true... that was a low-point in my ever-changing weight, gifted to me by a semi-broken heart. I knew the weight loss would be temporary, but it was sure fun while it lasted!
- That is one genuine smile on my face. I know it was the real deal, because December 2003 was when I fell in love with David. That was a crazy, but wonderful time of my life.
- I love my hair! I was ahead of my time, I suppose, because this hairstyle wasn't so popular in 2003, but it is now. Seems like I'm always out of sync with the times.
- I can't tell if Jen and I look like sisters. Over the course of our 30 years together, we've spent some years looking like we don't belong in even the same family, and other years looking like delayed twins. Most of the time, I'm screwing with the equation as I dye my hair brown, red, blond, and for a short time in college...orange (although that hue wasn't intentional). Though I can't say for sure since I haven't had natural hair since I was 15, I think my hair color would be similar to Jen's...maybe.
- I like us. I have a ridiculously amazing family, and Jen is definitely a big part of that equation. It's been wonderful to grow closer with her in the last few years, and I know I'm lucky to have her.



4 comments:
You look soooooo beautiful in the picture!!! :)
I don't think you and Jen look like sisters here, but I've seen others where you do.
Yay for sisters!! (Can I borrow yours - I don't have one...) :)
Ahhh--- Thanks for the post! I was actually thinking that we have't taken a picture together in the last few years. Let's get on that!
Such a sweet picture and I think you two look like sisters! :)
That is a really good picture of the two of you. I need a good picture of me and my sister. I totally understand how when you get older the sisterly bond grows more and more. Great post!
Post a Comment