Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's time to do the peepee dance!

We all know the familiar tune: da-da-da-da...da-DA! Now say the words with me: "Peepee in the pot-TY! Peepee in the pot-TY!"

I sang that song for the first time last night. Yep, you guessed it, I peed in the potty. Nah, wasn't me, but Noah, on the other hand, accomplished this feat for the first time!

We weren't prepared for the moment, because we haven't been actively potty training him. So when David yelled to me from the bathroom (as I was cleaning up dinner) that Noah had peed in the potty, I truly didn't believe him.

As a matter of fact, a naked (but clean) toddler had streaked through the kitchen just a few minutes earlier, stood in front of the refrigerator and let it rip. But there it was—a tiny yellow river pooling in the bottom of Noah's blue miniature potty. I've never been so proud of pee. And it was all thanks to Daddy, who offered Noah the chance to try out peeing on his new potty instead of the floor (clever man, isn't he?). Apparently Noah took him up on the offer.

Now, I'm not foolish enough to think that we're waltzing on down the yellow brick road, but it's exciting that the end of diapers may be within reach, say 6–12 months? I'm already wondering what we'll do with the extra $50 a month.

8 comments:

JWilson said...

I swear if Noah is potty trained before Ian I will cry! :)

Tiffany McCallen said...

I don't think you have a thing to worry about. We've got a LONG road ahead.

Emily said...

YEah Noah! JEss, I am with you. Charlie HATES and FEARS the potty.
I think Austin may be going before Charlie (he and Ian can be pull up buddies!)
hee hee hee.
Ah, I am jealous and SO happy for you guys at the same time.
What a feat, you tell him that I am SUPER proud of him!
Love you!

Lindsay said...

Yeah for Noah.....that is exciting! Well hopefully this means potty training is in the near future. I had seen the light at the end of the tunnel a couple of months ago and then the light went out. Mason was doing so well and now he wants nothing to do with it. Grrrrr! Madisyn was so easy so I'm lost at what to do???? I guess he can't pee in his pants forever so there is hope! Good Luck I hope you have better Luck than me, Jess, and Emily. :)

Christy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy said...

Oh how cool! I remember the potty training days well. Sounds like you guys are going to have it easy. If you run in to any trouble, try the M&M bribe. Worked like a charm with mine.

Jen said...

AWESOME! Step one- check! Step two- pee soaked undies. . .Yuck! At least step one was successful!

Anonymous said...

We are currently working on getting Noah to write his name in the snow. I will post the pictures on Candid Carrie friday.