For a few minutes on Sunday—20 to be precise—I got to be part of McCamey's world (my adorable new niece for those of you who missed the news). And what a wonderful world it is!
First of all, she wears a tiny pink knitted cap. It's not robin-egg blue or navy or green...it's pink! It's so preciously girl before you even get to the good stuff. For instance, take the shock of brownish-black hair that is slightly wavy, fluffy and straight all in the same breath. And just below her little cap are these come-hither eye lashes that will have my brother up in arms some day when the boys are knocking down their door.
As I held Camey she let out those sweet infant coos and gurgles that just make a person melt into themselves.
And when I wasn't holding her, I was scoping out her sugar-and-spice room. The cool thing about Emily's parents is that they've created a space that's not too over-the-top-girl. While pinks and purples dot the walls and furniture, there's lots of bright green frogs and yellow duckies to keep the room grounded.
I chuckled when I saw the overflowing laundry basket next to the crib. McCamey had been "home" less than 24 hours, but she was already giving her parents a taste of the mountains of baby laundry and Dreft to come.
As is the standard in my life these days, I was in a rush and couldn't spend nearly the time I wanted holding that amazing little girl (off to a bridal shower for my cousin!). But I was so thankful for the chance to meet McCamey and visit with her folks before she grows up entirely too fast... which is, unfortunately, inevitable. I only have to look at Noah to know that.


5 comments:
Ok- Tears again. She sounds wonderful! Thanks for the pictures
ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE~
What a cutie pie, and I love the room.
So I have to ask but was that you with the super short hair holding her? If so I love the cut and I want a view from the front. :))
Yep... that's my new hair cut! I love it! :) I'll try to post a front-view pic soon...
I want a baby girl so bad I can TASTE it! Cuteness!! :)
I want to see the hair, too!!
I miss you, Tif. I'm so glad I can keep in touch with you (stalk you) through your blog!
Post a Comment