
Hey, who's that girl in the suit? If you know me, you probably don't recognize me in that picture. I'm on the far right. I know it's a far cry from my usual work wear of M, W, TH—jeans & t-shirt—and T, F—jammies.
The picture was taken in the Space Needle in Seattle during an evening reception at my company's annual conference in 2003. The other folks with me are (L-R): a member of our board, my boss and my colleague.
This conference each year represents one of the few times I break out the suits and power heels. The rest of the time I'm a much more casual gal. My church is even "come as you are," so I really don't have to dress up often.
But back to the picture... the reason I'm posting it now is that in just 10 days, I'll be on a plane to D.C. to facilitate the 59th Annual Conference of the Religion Newswriters Association (and Foundation) in my role as associate director.
What that really means is that I'm nearly crazy now, and that at this time next week, I'll be absolutely frantic trying to cross off every last item on my never-ending to-do list. I'm exhausted in all forms of the word, and the conference isn't even here yet!
Therefore, everyone send your calming vibes my way. I'll need your mental energy the next 2.5 weeks, so bring it on!
And for your viewing pleasure—because, let's face it, no one ever sees me in business attire—here's another picture of me in action...circa 2006 in Salt Lake City (again: far right).
I know. It's just not the same as a more exciting job... say Olympian or model. But I tried!
P.S. Want to know what's really sad? I had no idea that Friday had arrived. Only in looking at my fellow bloggers' posts did I notice that hey, Thursday's on the way out! Geesh.
Now: if I have time to play along this week, so do you. Head on over to Candid Carrie's and make some new friends. Just click on the picture below...
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Friday Photo Fiesta: At work, in action
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh Tif, you will be just fine for the conference this year because you are awesome. PLus you look great in your suits and I am speaking from seeing you in them not just in the pictures.
I really wish I could find my pictures from the Miami conference, I had some really good ones of you both at work and at play. :)))
Hey sister! Looking hot in those photos!
When is there a teacher conference? I need to get away!
You may have my calming vibes but my energy remains my own.
Post a Comment