It's my new addiction: Coldplay's "Viva la Vida." Nothing, I tell you nothing, can get me into a contemplative, relaxed mode like that song blaring out of my car speakers in the middle of cornfields. I love it!
I had a gift card to Barnes & Noble, so I went against my usual grain and purchased an ENTIRE CD (as opposed to my usual iTunes track here and there). That CD was Coldplay's latest.
Turns out I probably would have been happier with just a few tracks, but since it was free, I'm not feeling a pile of remorse.
But I digress. I love this song (Viva la Vida). I love the way it makes my life seems like a movie soundtrack—like everything is swirling in slow motion and all the characters are having intense, watershed moments.
Every day I feel like I need to de-stress, unwind, and relive my movie moments of the day. This song gives me that chance.
Don't laugh. Have you ever tried to look at your life through the lens of movie drama? It actually helps pull it all in perspective. After a few minutes of your life on the big screen (the one in your imagination that is), you even feel a little ridiculous that you were stressing about this or that, because the drama in your mind has already blown over.
So what I'm saying isn't making much sense, I know, but the song really works. Give it a try!
Tonight, download Viva la Vida to your mp3 player and go somewhere quiet: take a walk, sit outside on your deck, lay in bed, whatever. CRANK THE SONG. Think about the crazy stuff in your life. Exhale. There, isn't that better?
I think I've got to go listen to it right now, and every day for the next two weeks and one day (until my conference is over). Let me know how it works!
Saturday, September 6, 2008
I heart Viva la Vida
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
so, so true...
Ok- SO I just had to open I tunes to hear what song you were talking about. And, I agree! Great song-- I just put it on hold at the library and realized that I am number 312 in line. Guess I am waiting awhile!
I'm glad you found something to help relieve the stress in your life. Everyones needs that. I think by the end of this game today I may need some serious stress relievers!
I heart you too! SO WONDERFUL SEEING YOU TODAY!!!!!!
What are iTunes?
Alright, I went and took a free listen and I can see, I mean hear what you mean. Now I will have to act like I discovered this song and ask my older boys if they like it! That is how I keep the illusion of being cool.
Alright, the more I listen to it I've got to say it sounds like a Christmas song. Oh, St. Peter called my name. Gotta go!
A good song. i also recommend the Fratelli's "Flathead" if you're looking for a pick-me-up
Tim
Post a Comment