Saturday, September 6, 2008

Grass envy

The highlight of my day today—the ultra lush, four-inch thick grass carpet at my girlfriend's folks' house. Okay, it wasn't really carpet, but their front lawn was flippin' amazing!

Granted, we can't grow grass at our house. We have a forest, we have moles, we have poor landscaping skills, and as of late, we've had no rain. Therefore, we have no grass—just a collection of green weeds that passes as a lawn. Good thing we live in the country...

All joking aside, I really did love that lawn. At one point I was outside playing with David and Noah and crew, and I just sat in it and ran my fingers through its insanely dense blades. I wanted to lay down and take a nap the grass was that comfortable. I think any Scott's crew would be GREEN with envy (hardi-har-har).

But back to the day: I was just grateful to see some really good people today. I love my friends, and I love the opportunity to break up the grind and get out of our house.

First up: Kristen & Clay, and their new baby Will (2.5 weeks old). This was my first up-close-and-personal encounter with Will. I couldn't visit him in the hospital when he was born because my entire family was battling the stomach flu and head colds—not the sort of germs you bring with you to meet a newborn. So I was itching to get my hands on that baby... and I finally did!

His mom and dad are doing amazing. Why Kristen even looked rested today, and Clay was passing Will around like a pro!

Now, Clay's a Miami fan (sorry about the game today, Clay!), so his little man was dressed in green and orange... I won't hold that against him. Much to my horror, though, Kristen told me she did not have an OSU outfit yet for Will. So, ladies: we must unite and buy that poor guy some scarlet & grey!

Some of my favorite moments:

Here's Will!


The whole family



Noah giving "baby" a kiss


Me getting in some precious baby time


Relax, it's water...but look at him chug!


After destroying Kristen & Clay's house, we moved on to the Replogle family for some "just because" socialization. As usual, kids were everywhere, and the adults could do nothing but follow behind. It's always the best chaos, and I'm delighted to have a chance to take part.

Noah loved hanging out with other little people and he was even happier to thieve their toys for a while. And, I'm really starting to think we have a race car driver on our hands. Last week it was the John Deere tractor, this week he was driving around a Dora quad (using a handle button)—all by himself! Every now and then I have to remind myself: He's just 15 months old. Wow.

More pictures (you know me!):

Charlie's smiling!

Beck & Kaiya


Miss Cassafrass



Noah LOVED this little door stop bench.


Owen, Aaron & Hannah enjoyed stripping bark off this tree.


Jill, Evan & Adam (and the gorgeous grass!)



Owen's & Hannah's wedding rehearsal... no really. :)


Thanks all for a terrific day. You were the perfect distraction from the horrendous work load I'm buried beneath these days. See you all again soon!

4 comments:

Emily said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhh Tif, I love you for so many reasons...none of which I will tell you in this comment, email to follow!

Amy said...

It was nice to finally meet you, now I don't feel like such a stalker reading your blog! Noah is absolutely adorable.

Amy said...

2 more things....

1-I love CHarlie's shirt!

2-I posted a pic of David's tattoo on my blog. I hope that is OK. I should have asked you before if I could post a picture of your husband's back! His tattoo is amazingly beautiful!

MissRebecca said...

Tiffers - you are so freakin cute - I love reading your posts - they just make me smile!!