It's just a David kind of night... here is yet another tale of my husband's quirks.
David has lost his wedding ring... again! This time it sailed ground-side when he brushed some dirt off his pants as he was chugging along on our riding lawn mower.
What IS it with him and that ring?! This is at least the fifth time he's misplaced it. Let's see... he lost it fishing one night with Meg and I in Delaware (and we recovered it in the dark using a flashlight). He lost it TWICE in Jamaica in one day when we were lounging in the pool. At one point the entertainment coordinator announced that someone had found a ring at the bottom of the pool. Just as David was making fun of that sorry guy, he looked down and realized they were talking about him. It was just a few hours later that the incident repeated itself, and three of our new friends were helping us dive for jewelry (an intermediate version of diving for plastic toy rings).
I know I'm forgetting a time or two, but they just start stacking up after a while. In the past, however, we've always located the ring shortly after it disappears. Tonight, we couldn't find it. As a temporary solution, we jammed a stick in the approximate area of its vanishing, and tomorrow we plan to rake/scour the grass & flowers that are currently cradling it.
Wish us luck. Hey, does anyone have a metal detector we could borrow?
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Ring around the roses
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
GOOD LUCK with the search I hope you find it.
Is he trying to loose it? haha just kidding! I hope you find it, that sucks. Sounds like something Robbie would do. Maybe you should get it sized so tight he can't get it off if he tried. :) GOOD LUCK!
Post a Comment