Noah was 10 months old yesterday!
And in his usual uncanny way of marking his month birthdays with a memorable feat (such as his first tooth on his 5-month birthday), our little man decided to make me an honest mommy by walking a few more steps. In one of my earlier posts, I called his two-step, crib lunge a fluke. But yesterday, the steps were piling up.
It started with one step in the morning at my babysitter's house. Then before bedtime as we were playing in the nursery, he took 2 more, then 3 more, then 2 more! I was bribing him with the camo sunglasses Kristen & Clay M. bought for him. He thought it was hilarious when I put them on and smiled brightly. So I scooted just out of his reach, and he walked his way toward me, laughing and reaching. He was just too cute for words.
David missed most of these steps, poor guy. But as soon as he was able to join us in the nursery, he brought in the video camera. We have been TERRIBLE at recording Noah's bigger life moments (or any, for that matter), but we (sort of) managed to capture this one. Although, after a good 3-step run, I heard David remark, "Yeah, sorry. I didn't get his feet." :)
When I get my camera back from my brother, I'll take a picture to go with this post so you can see Noah in all his wobbly, but determined glory.
And I just got word yesterday that Noah won't be the only baby boy in my life. Oh no, I'm not expecting...but my girlfriend, Kristen M., is having a little boy! His name will be Will, after her late father. I'm terribly excited for her, and that Noah will have a new playmate before fall. Plus, my best pal, Deanna, is having a baby in July. Since she already has two boys, she's praying for a little girl this time around. It's a regular baby boom!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
10 Months & boy crazy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment