Sunday, April 13, 2008

Nutriquest: Part 8...One-pound wonder

Hallelujah! After three weeks of stalling, plateauing, waiting...I have lost ONE pound!!!

I don't even care that it's just one pound. I'm so happy to be moving in the right direction again. And that brings me to a grand total of 16 pounds lost.

And how do I feel about that?

Well, I would love for that number to be higher. It's 80 percent of the way toward my goal of 20 pounds, but it's eons away from where I envision myself.

But, I am celebrating the small victories. I put back on those can't-breathe-in-them-pre-baby-jeans this week, and they fit—correctly! And I've selected three more shirts in my closet for the too BIG box.

I am even, gasp, considering putting away my favorite pair of maternity jeans I have worn since I was five months pregnant...LAST YEAR! Yes, you read that right... I am still wearing a pair of maternity jeans! In my defense, they are really comfy. I don't think I'll ever give them away. I've said it before; I think they're my new pair of Thanksgiving pants (you know, for when you eat a gigantic meal and need to pop the button? No button needed with the comfy maternity pants).

So, it's back to work this week. I'm hoping I can keep riding the progress train. I think I have roughly 17–21 days of Nutrisystem food left. It would be nifty to make good use of it.

What will happen when Nutrisystem is over? I'm going to revisit an old friend if I can manage it—40/30/30 Fat Burning Nutrition. Kristen & Kristen, I know you remember it well. In 2001, I followed this plan where you eat 40 percent healthy carbs, 30 percent lean protein and 30 percent dietary fat (think olive oil).

It's a fantastic plan for weight loss, and it's ultra healthy in its approach. As a matter of fact, I lost 38 pounds after college on 40/30/30, and kept it off for the better part of six years.

So why didn't I do this again instead of Nutrisystem? It's a lot of work... you have to cook four to five meals a day. I don't have that kind of time. I'm not really sure how I'm going to manage it now, but I'm working on some strategies. I know freezers can be a dieting gal's best friend... we'll see.

Anyway, for today, hooray for my one-pound loss!! That one pound must be lonely, so I'll have to find it a friend this week.

Until next weekend...

No comments: