I recently learned two things:
1) I am SO out of touch with high school lingo.
2) My husband is apparently a B.A.
My friend Shauna is a high school teacher... she might be in the know about "B.A." Or perhaps Kristen M, who is the youngest of my close pals, may have been the first in the current generation to use this term. I was/am clueless.
When I was in Wisconsin this weekend, my sister, Jen, told me that one day when she was showing her high school English students my blog (because they didn't know what a blog was), they came across my previous entry about David's Iraq anniversary. They told her, "Man, he's a little B.A., isn't he.?!"
When Jen told me this, I just stared at her blankly. I had to ask. What's B.A.? I think she smirked, a bit gleefully too. After all, as her LITTLE sister, surely I would have better odds for keeping up with the youth of America, right? Wrong.
So, finally, I learned that B.A. means "Badass."
It was the picture of David looking all blown up (and rather ticked off, I admit) in front of a U.S. flag, I think, that earned him a B.A. label. My sister also told me the other fun thing to say in high school is B.A.M.F. I'm sure you can fill in the blanks.
Just to make sure I keep up David's B.A. rating, I wanted to post a picture of his latest venture—a new tattoo. This piece will be full-back, meant to commemorate the five-year anniversary of his suicide bomber experience in Iraq.
While I was in Wisconsin, he got the first of three (probably) sessions to complete the tattoo. What you see below is the beginning of the outline. When it's finished, the eagle's wings will be completed and the bird will be holding a battered purple heart... with shading and filler on the edges to not only cover the skull tattoo in the upper left corner (which David decided he's tired of), but also to blend in with the tattoo he has on his right arm as well.
I've got to admit... I think it's pretty B.A. myself!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
My B.A. husband
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
David is sooooo B.A.
And the new tat is super B.A.
And yes, I know what B.A. is. High school teaching...not so B.A. :)
I would have been with you, I didn't know what B.A. meant. Now that I do I agree your Hubbie is certanily a B.A.
Love the new tat, I'm sure it will look great when it's done.
I had no idea what B.A meant either so don't feel bad. I feel very old at times and I'm only 25, I know that's sad. I just figured out how to text not to long ago. LOL!
And yes, your husband and the new tat are definitely B.A :)
Post a Comment