It's not often that the stars align and I am able to enjoy a moment like this...
I am working from home today, as I do most Tuesdays. Noah is sound asleep (hopefully for an hour or two), down for his afternoon nap.
Freshly dusted off from its storage spot, my lounge chair is spread out on my messy, but greening back yard. The sun is shining, and I'm sporting last season's gigantic bathing suit (which I bought 2 weeks after giving birth).
In the background are the sounds of mooing cows (my neighbor owns a farm), birds happily chirping, and the rustle of October's leaves still hanging on our dozens of trees.
My laptop is sitting comfortably on my legs, and I am WORKING! And, obviously, blogging. But I just couldn't let this moment pass without writing it down. Knowing my life and this crazy state I live in, we'll have two inches of snow next week, Noah will cut another tooth (and be grumpy & sleepless), and my boss will suddenly decide I need to be in the office every day.
Until that happens, ahh...
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
A little slice of heaven
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Good for you! Just wanted you to know that I read you everyday! I don't always respond, but I like the option of hearing what you are up to! Love, Jen
Sounds like a great job to me! I hope that it continues as I know how rare peaceful moments like this are! And don't worry everyone flatlines...it's natural...but you will definitely be resuscitated!
Post a Comment