1. David and I got a new mattress one week ago tomorrow. It's one of those fluffy pillow-tops that absorbs the motion of your bedmate rolling over. It's wonderful. All week we've slept so well (although never long enough), and we've woken up without stiff necks and shoulders. It's a beautiful thing.
2. I finished my brother's wedding invitations. It's been a long time since I tied that many bows and cut so many pieces of paper. Now I just hope they like them.
3. The news that my friends Kristen and Clay are having a boy! They have waited so long to have a baby. I am thrilled that this little person-to-be is developing perfectly. I can't wait to meet little Will.
4. Looking ahead to the weekend... David and I have another date. I know, this is the second one in two months! Woohoo! We're going to dinner, a Destroyers game, and then out for drinks on Saturday night. Noah is hanging with Grandma Frazier down in Logan. Everybody's happy.
5. Looking forward to a few weekends from now...My sister is flying Noah and I up to Wisconsin to visit her family. I am looking forward to some sisterly bonding, and to hanging out with her hubbie and three mini men. It's a lot of boy fun—just like my house!
6. I finished the biggest grant report at work that I write all year. It's a 4-inch binder with a narrative the size of a term paper. Ugh. I popped that bugger in the mail on Monday, so I have felt considerably lighter all week.
7. Our new bed—our first real headboard/footboard combo—arrives tomorrow! Our new mattress is going to finally feel complete when it's paired up with a handsome, simple bed frame tomorrow morning. Can't wait! I just hope I don't have to get a step stool to climb into bed now.
8. Noah's 1-2 step. I can't believe he's walking!!
9. Warmer weather. I am SO happy that we've finally gotten out of the snow for a while (and hopefully for the season).
10. Today I discovered an old gift card for Kohl's I'd forgotten about... so I went out and spent it. New summer wear for Noah, and new duds for mommy!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Things that made me smile this week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment