Friday, February 1, 2008

245 days



Noah is 245 days old. Where, oh where, did the last 8 months go?!

It's not fair how fast the months fly by from birth.



David and I had a (sort of) tiny baby on June 2, 2007, and now he's already what I call a pre-toddler. And he's been a pre-toddler for months.

At Miss Heidi's house—the wonderful woman who watches Noah three days a week for me now—there is a beautiful little baby named Lai-Lin (or Lynn?). She is three months old, and she weighs an unbearably precious 10 pounds.

My son? He weighed more than 11 pounds at 4 weeks old. Now he's tipping the scales around 24/25 pounds. And he's tall too! I'm only 5' 2"... Noah is almost HALF my height. I'd say about 30+ inches by now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled, thankful and delighted to have a health baby boy. The selfish mom in me, however, just wishes he would stay little a tiny while longer. Too late!

In just 8 short months, I've watched Noah accomplish amazing feats (well, just amazing to David and me)...

At one week: smiling and socializing
At one month: rolling the infamous quarter turn (back to side)
At seven weeks: standing on our laps
At two months: giggling
At three months: sleeping in his big baby crib (an updgrade from the bassinet and then the papazan swing)
At three & a half months: rolling the half turn, front to back
At four months: first cereal, rolling back to front, and sleeping through the night (hallelujah!)
At five months: first teeth, crawling practice & Gerber's finest pureed veggies
At six months: crawling, sitting up, pulling to standing, gerber fruits, and object permanence ("hey, you hid that under the pillow!")
At seven months: the pincer grasp, finger foods, "dada," and couch cruising

And just this morning on his birthday... little man clapped his hands all by himself.

Yesterday he coined a new favorite phrase—"Hi, Dada." The priceless look on David's face when he says it is enough to melt any woman's heart.

It's true. Our little man is growing up, fast and furious. I have a feeling it never slows down—the pace of this wonderous process called life. It must only spin faster and faster with the addition of each child, each new discovery and milestone.

Many times I feel as if this is Noah's world, and I'm just along for the ride. That's not really such a bad place to be. I have a front-row seat in witnessing tiny miracles each day, with a backdrop of toothy, dimpled smiles and deep belly laughs.

It's a good life. I'm so glad I get to be part of it.

Some moments from today:



3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, tears.
I hear you sweetie! I am in a stready pattern of "when in world did THAT happen!???"
But its so nice to hear that you are enjoying every bit of your big ray of sunshine! He is such a handsome mini-man.
Love,
Emy

Gamma said...

What a handsome little guy...cute outfit. I cannot believe how much he weighs! I hope to see you guys soon so the boys can play together! Maybe Jackson can get it on it so we can have a boys day!

Shauna said...

Aw, Tiffie! You're such a cute mom! He's adorable! I feel like I haven't seen him in FOREVER! Was the last time OSU/ Mich. day? That's too long! In any case - what a cutie pie!

ps - Your blog is my favorite to read. I love your words and style. You're such a talented blogger/ writer!