We don't have a grand tradition of celebrating Valentine's Day in our house. As a matter of fact, I tend to gloss over the more Hallmarky holidays, particularly sweetest day, boss' day, national blue flowers day, hey-let's-just-find-a-way-to-get-people-to-spend-more-money day, etc. That, and David's birthday is Feb. 24, so we've tended to consolidate the two occasions over the years.
But this year, I felt like I owed my hubbie a little treat. I was a bit of a slacker this summer for Father's Day and our anniversary. Granted, I was in a never-ending breastfeeding schedule at the time, and I was trying to exist on 2-3 hours of daily sleep, but I still felt bad that I wasn't able to do more to show my appreciation for my hubby.
So when David offered to pick Noah up from the babysitter's house on Thursday (my usual day for pickup duty), I jumped at the offer and zoomed to the store for some celebratory treats.
For David, Cupid brought a DVD, the latest Stephen King book and Reese's Cups—goodness what I would have given for one of them! And for Noah, the Baby Monet DVD, flashcards (he really likes them for some reason) and a counting book.
As it turns out, the gift bag's tissue paper and the festive decoration I bought turned out to be the most fun for little man, as I figured they would be.
Poor David wasn't able to make a break for the store until yesterday evening, but I LOVED my present—a sampling of some of my favorite adult beverages (no chocolate for me... darn Lent & darn Nutrisystem). Have I ever mentioned my love of Tanqueray & diet tonics? YUM.
So last night after Noah went to bed, David grabbed a beer, and I kicked back with a G&T or two, lit a few candles, and reminded ourselves what quality time with my with each other is like. Happy Valentine's Day indeed!
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Be my valentine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Love to see pics of the baby! Can't wait for the boys to play together!
Cue the bown chica wowwow!!!
That was my fabulous rendition of what 70's porn music sounds like (you totally got that, right?)
I am so glad you had some good old quality time with your hubbie!
Post a Comment